We are excited that our Aquatic Centre will be opening on Monday, January 11th at 6:00 am! Before you join us in the pool, we would like to let you know that you should expect:
Get prepared to swim:
- Use the MyY app to book your lane, time in the Hydrotherapy Whirlpool, or in an aquatic fitness class. Everyone using the pools must reserve their spot.
- Pack your swim bag with everything you need, e.g., bathing suit, towel, and lock (towels are provided for Plus members).
Before coming on the pool deck:
- Ensure that your belongings are secure in a locker. If you bring bags, coats, outdoor shoes, etc., you will be redirected to place them a changeroom.
- Personal belongings permitted on the pool deck include:
- Goggles, fins, and hand paddles.
- Towels, plastic/metal water bottles, and indoor footwear.
- You must take a warm soapy shower before entering the water. There is the option to take this shower in the changeroom or in the on-deck shower.
- Please avoid going out to the pool deck before the start of your booking/class.
Before getting in the water:
- You will be required to wear a mask while on the pool deck
- There will be two sanitation stations on deck where you can:
- Sanitize your hands.
- Place your mask in a ziplock baggie.
- You are welcome to bring your towel(s) onto the pool deck; however, they must be dry and hung up on the wall hooks.
- If you would like to use a flutter board or pull buoy, you can obtain them from a lifeguard and return them at the end of your swim. Lifeguards will ensure that they are sanitized properly between uses.
- We ask that you place your equipment neatly, next to your mask backet.
When ready to get into the water:
- Once you are ready to get into the pool, e.g., walking down the ramp, sitting on the edge of the pool, or about to climb down the ladder, please place your mask into a sealed baggie.
- Please place your mask into your designated basket (e.g., at the end of each lane for lane swim and along the edge of the pool for aquatic fitness classes).
- Please respect distancing regulations:
- Lane swimmers:
- Swim down the center of their lane.
- One (1) person per lane; No family bubble lane swims.
- Aquatic fitness participants:
- Wait for the instructor to direct you in and out of the water.
- Make every attempt to avoid drifting from your designated position in the pool.
- Please place your masks back on immediately upon exiting the pool.
- Exit the pools immediately at the end of your booking/class. Lifeguards require this time to sanitize all high touch surfaces before the next booking times.
- Please collect all belongings before returning to the changerooms.
Should you have any questions about the Aquatic Centre and its programming, please contact our Aquatics Manager at [email protected].
We hope to see you in the pool!