We are opening the John W. Lindsay YMCA on Monday December 21st at 6:00am!!
Our holiday opening (Dec 21 – Jan 3) will be for YMCA Members on hold & Punch Pass holders ONLY.
We will not be selling day passes or accepting guests of members during this period. If you have cancelled your membership, you will need to re-join the YMCA.
So, dust off your Y membership card and come on in for your holiday workout.
Please note, during this two-week holiday period, we will have limited amenities available for your use. We will only be offering access to:
- Cardio and Strength Training floors as well as Studio 3 (located off the Cardio floor);
- General Locker Rooms will be available for storing your belongings and for showering
Throughout January, we will be introducing the following programs/services/amenities:
- Group Fitness Classes will begin the week of January 4 with an evolving schedule
- The Plus Locker Rooms will re-open the week of January 4, including the steam and sauna
- Gymnasium and Track will be available starting January 4
- Pool and Hydrotherapy Pool will be opening for Lane Swimming on January 11
- Personal Training will be available in January
- Forever Fit is temporarily on hold while the program is evaluated for COVID operational protocols. Expected opening date is Feb 1, 2021.
More specific information on the timing of the opening of these programs/services/amenities will be available in the upcoming days.
As we have the ability to accommodate a large number of people while ensuring social distancing, pre-booking your visit is not required at this time. We encourage you to visit the Y during traditional non-peak times. Typically, our busiest times are 6-7:30am & 4-6pm. If numbers increase above our occupancy limit of 50%, we may need to introduce online booking.
COVID Operational Practices
While in the YMCA, Members will be required to:
- Respect others and wear a mask at all times except when exercising, eating/drinking or showering. This means you must wear a mask when moving between equipment, when in the locker rooms and in all other public circulation spaces (hallways/lobbies). Staff will be enforcing this practice.
- Maintain your social distance from others at all times.
- While exercising with heavy breathing, the new social distancing requirement is 3m or 10ft. This is an increase from the previous restriction of 2m or 6 ft.
- Sanitize your hands at one of the many hand sanitization stations throughout the facility.
- Sanitize equipment before and after you use it.
- Monday Dec 21: 6:00am – 8:00pm
- Tuesday Dec 22: 6:00am – 8:00pm
- Wednesday Dec 23: 6:00am – 8:00pm
- Thursday Dec 24: 6:00am – 5:00pm
- Friday Dec 25: CLOSED
- Saturday Dec 26: 8:00am – 7:00pm
- Sunday Dec 27: 8:00am – 7:00pm
- Monday Dec 28: 6:00am – 8:00pm
- Tuesday Dec 29: 6:00am – 8:00pm
- Wednesday Dec 30: 6:00am – 8:00pm
- Thursday Dec 31: 6:00am – 5:00pm
- Friday January 1: 8:00am – 7:00pm
- Saturday January 2: 8:00am – 7:00pm
- Sunday January 3: 8:00am – 7:00pm
If you have any questions, please contact us via email: [email protected] or
you can reach us at (902) 423-9622 press (0)
We hope you have a wonderful holiday season. Stay safe and stay active!
The John W. Lindsay YMCA Management Team