We have many Y-Reach programs located throughout Nova Scotia. To view the complete list, please click here.
YMCA Recignizing Enhancing Aligning Community Horizons (Y-Reach) provides information, orientation, and settlement support to immigrants, Refugees, and their families who are new to communities across the province of Nova Scotia.
Y-Reach has a mandate to raise awareness about the benefits of immigration in Nova Scotia and to work with local partners to create welcoming communities.
Currently, we have on-site staff based in various areas throughout Nova Scotia to provide settlement and integration support to smaller communities (and Y’s across the province), in identifying both resources and opportunities to work together in building a capacity for being welcoming and inclusive.
Our programming includes:
- Community Orientation
- Social Events and Recreational Opportunities
- Support in Accessing Services
- Home and Work place Visitations for settlement support
- Solution focused counseling
- School visitations
- Cultural awareness raising in school and community environment
- Diversity presentations are also provided