Our provincial YMCA Settlement Program provide place-based settlement and languages support to Immigrant, Refugees, and their families who are new to communities outside of HRM.
We work with local partners to create welcoming communities and have staff in multiple smaller centres across the province
- 9 in-person, local Settlement and Integration support sites
- Over 20 different Language Instruction sites
Our program includes:
- In-person Individual and group settlement services
- Community Orientation and support in accessing services
- Social events and recreational opportunities
- Child and Youth Programming
- Solution-focused counselling and advocacy
- Awareness raising and welcoming communities initiatives
- Community collaboration and referrals
- In-person Language instruction
- Needs Assessments and Settlement Plans for Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (AIPP) participants
We currently have 9 locations throughout Nova Scotia and YREACH and Provincial Settlement Staff can be contacted directly for further information on the services provided in each community.