YMCA Day Camps
YMCA Day Camps
The YMCA Day Camps are exciting environments for campers to meet new friends and participate in a variety of fun-filled activities. Parents will see their children build confidence and learn skills that will last a lifetime. Camps include swimming, arts and crafts, sports, and field trips within our community.
Holiday Day Camp
Summer Day Camps
Registration for YMCA Day Camps will be offered on a weekly basis, allowing families the flexibility to choose which weeks their campers will attend.
PD Days at the Y
March Break Day Camps
The YMCA March Break Day Camps are exciting environments for campers to meet new friends and participate in a variety of fun-filled activities. Parents will see their children build confidence and learn skills that will last a lifetime. Camps include daily swimming and field trips within our community.
Gift of Camp
Help Kids shine bright this summer
For many kids, camp is not an option. Many families in HRM need help through subsidization to give their kids a safe place to learn and grow through the summer. When you give the gift of camp, you give a camper a better appreciation for the natural world, their community, and best of all – themselves.
The Gift of Camp campaign, a collaboration among 11 YMCA Associations, aims to send 1,300 children across Atlantic Canada to camp this summer.
Click here to give kids a chance to shine bright this summer!
Child Protection Information
For Child Protection, everyone entering our YMCA must scan their membership card at the welcome desk, or sign in with our welcome desk team with a Government-issued photo ID.
- At the beginning of the class, participants 12 years old and under must check in with the instructor with an adult (16 yrs+).
- At the end of the class, participants 12 years old and under must check out by the same adult.
Parents who are not in the water can observe lessons from the pool-level windows or from the Great Hall. Videography and photography are not permitted to ensure our member’s privacy.
- 13 years and up can access the facility without adult supervision.
- 9 – 12 years can access the facility with an adult/guardian in the building (adult/guardian must be at least 16 years of age).
- 13 years and up can access the cardio and strength conditioning levels without adult supervision
- 9-13 years can access the cardio and strength conditioning levels with adult/guardian supervision at all times
- Aquatic Centre: 9 – 12 years must be accompanied in the water by a parent/guardian (adult/guardian must be at least 16 years of age) if they require a PFD or are unsuccessful in completing a swim test.
- For all successful swim test completions, adults/guardians must remain in the facility, and 8 years and under must have a parent in the pool with them.