YMCA Langille Scholarship
The YMCA Langille Scholarship recognizes the contributions students make in building our community and helps them financially to reach their potential in post-secondary education. It is made possible through the generosity of a YMCA donor and supporter.
To be eligible for this scholarship, youth must be involved with our YMCA as a volunteer, participant, and/or an employee.
Congratulations to our 2022 winners: (pictured from left to right) Wateen Sadek, Emtenan Al-Taher, Mosammat Zinnat, Ahmed Galal, Zoya Hussain
All of the following are required for your application to be considered
- Applicant’s Information Form completed in full. DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION FORM
- Two letters of reference. One must be from a YMCA representative (staff person, Board member or volunteer)
- Official Proof of Registration for the upcoming term*
- Description of YMCA Involvement (as a volunteer, program participant and/or employee)
- Description of community involvement
- Power of Belonging – This can be in the form of an essay (800 words maximum), a video, a podcast, a piece of art – be creative!
*Item 3 may not be available when submitting your application but must be received by the application deadline date of July 11th, 2022.
Ryrie Vandewater YMCA Leadership Scholarship
The Ryrie Vandewater YMCA Leadership Scholarship was founded in 2021, in memory of Ryrie Vandewater, a former Big Cove YMCA Camp Counsellor whose gentle nature positively impacted so many youth at Big Cove YMCA Camp. This scholarship recognizes the contributions of Big Cove camp leaders make in building healthier communities through the power of belonging. The Ryrie Vandewater YMCA Leadership scholarship will help a YMCA camp leader reach their full potential in post-secondary education through financial support.
2022 Ryrie Vandewater YMCA Leadership Scholarship winner, Danny Warrington, NBCC (pictured middle)
Applications can be emailed to:
OR you can mail your application and documents to:
PERSONAL & CONFIDENTIAL YMCA Langille Scholarship c/o YMCA of Greater Halifax/Dartmouth 5657 Spring Garden Rd. Park Lane Terraces, Suite 700 Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 3R4
Attn: Alexandria Samson